About ADEMEADEME is active in the implementation of public policy in the areas of the environment, energy and sustainable development. ADEME provides expertise and advisory services to businesses, local authorities and communities, government bodies and the public at large, to enable them to establish and consolidate their environmental action. As part of this work the agency helps finance projects, from research to implementation, in its areas of action.
- developing knowledge: ADEME organizes and contributes to the financing of research and innovation and to establishing and coordinating observation systems to better understand how industries are changing;
- convincing and mobilising: Because public information and awareness are essential to the success of environmental policies, ADEME implements communication campaigns to change mindsets, behaviours and purchasing and investment practices;
- advising: ADEME acts in an advisory capacity to direct the decisions of actors in society and the economy, establishing tools and methods that suit their needs. Direct dissemination via expert advisers is a major way in which it provides its expertise;
- assisting with implementation: ADEME provides graduated financial support and promotes the implementation of regional and national references.
OrganisationWith its head office in Angers, ADEME has over 1,000 employees split between:
- 3 central departments sites in Angers, Paris and Valbonne;
- 17 regional divisions, 13 in metropolitan France and 4 in overseas France, which linked 26 implantations across the country;
- 3 representative bodies in overseas territories;
- 1 office in Brussels.
Synergy between head office and regional divisionsWith staff based in 26 implantations and 3 representative bodies in overseas territories, ADEME focuses it actions on individuals, public authorities and businesses as part of a local service.
Some 400 agents (almost half of its staff) based in 26 regional divisions (including overseas) and 3 representative bodies in overseas territories (French Polynesia, New Caledonia and Saint-Pierre and Miquelon) work in the field on behalf of ADEME to promote sustainable development, the fight to mitigate climate change, energy management, renewable energies and, more generally, energy and ecological transition.
ADEME's regional teams implement two major energy and ecological transition policies on behalf of the French State in the areas of support for renewable heat (Heat Fund) and waste prevention and management (Waste Fund).